07 Jul 2020
State of Global Wholesale Banking Report: how are senior leaders responding to a disrupted world?
Subscribe to our newsletter. Enter your details below.
Our downloadable report brings together the opinions, insights, and vision for the future, together with the implications for talent and leadership.
In 2018, we surveyed senior wholesale bankers about the state of their industry. This year, Odgers Berndtson executive search specialists returned to industry leaders globally to share their insights on the ongoing challenges, opportunities, and sweeping transformation affecting wholesale banking.
Interviews were conducted during the COVID-19 pandemic. Understandably, the impact of the crisis loomed is large. But we also addressed a range of important perennial issues, including regulation and compliance, client management, the next generation of leaders, digitalization, and climate change.
All of our interviewees sit at the top of their organizations, either as CEO or regional/country head. Download the report to hear what they have to say.
Agility, purpose and digitalisation
Register to download our "Agility, purpose and digitalisation: the state of global wholesale banking" report.Download now
Big changes, major questions
These are some of the questions we address in our 2020 Wholesale Banking Report:
- What will be the shape of flexible working in the ‘new normal’?
- How do you stay close to clients in a socially-distanced world?
- Has ‘command and control’ leadership had its day?
- How did regulators react to the pandemic environment?
- How can banks be part of the post-COVID solution and ‘build back better’ and be a ‘voice for good’?
- Where is climate change and sustainability on the agenda now?
- How important is a sense of purpose when attracting new talent?
- What does rapid digitalization mean for the make-up of the wholesale banking workforce?
- How are banks helping companies to navigate the economic fallout of the crisis?
Global Banking Executive Search
Odgers Berndtson’s Global Banking Practice works with Corporate and Investment Banks around the world. Our deep industry and sector knowledge means we understand our clients’ strategic imperatives and how these impact on the senior leadership talent they need to attract and retain.
We forge deep relationships with our clients to ensure we understand their specific business goals and cultural dynamics, maximizing our ability to identify and engage the best industry or cross-industry talent.
Strong relationships with other Odgers Berndtson Partners in the United Kingdom, Europe, Asia Pacific, North America, Middle East, and South Africa delivers a seamless regional and global execution of searches, assessments, and appointments. To find out more, please get in touch.