Executive Search Voluntary Code of Conduct
Working to improve diversity in the boardrooms of British businesses and beyond
We are recognised in the Enhanced Code segment for our work with FTSE350 businesses.
FTSE 350 gender diversity statistics 2016
- Over half of board searches we supported resulted in a female appointment
- 42% of candidates we presented at the long-list stage were women.
- Women with no prior board experience represented 42% of every female appointment we supported.
Our initiatives to support and develop a diverse talent pipeline
We continue to support initiatives to help expand our knowledge of and exposure to aspiring board directors:
- We provide training and development seminars for non-executives in conjunction with the Financial Times Non-Executive Directors’ Club. These events and programmes ensure we remain in touch with the ‘next generation’ of board members.
- We sponsor the Next Generation NED Network, an initiative organised by Simmons & Simmons aimed at high-potential executives who are considering becoming non-executive directors.
- Our sector and functional practices host events targeted at talented executives who have the potential to progress into executive and non-executive board roles.
- We have created and run a mentoring programme to champion diverse future leaders for the procurement function. This is a multi-faceted, year-long programme aimed at mid-to-senior level career female professionals (mentees) and experienced CPOs (mentors).
NED Case study
FTSE 100 healthcare group
Experienced non-executive, with a background in business leadership gained within an international business of scale.
The search strategy
Research and candidate identification was supported by sourcing across our extensive international network of contacts to test quality, explore suitability, motivation and board style. For this search, over 200 potential candidates were identified.
The successful candidate
The shortlist included five female candidates; three experienced portfolio non-executive directors and two executives with board positions. The successful candidate had a background in business leadership within the consumer products sector and a portfolio of global non-executive roles. Appointed following detailed reference taking, interviews with Odgers Berndtson and subsequent interviews with the Chair/CEO, SID and other members of the board.
This science and technology issue is packed with in-depth articles exploring the trends and innov...
When it comes to getting the right quality of board member in your boardroom, do small to mid-siz...