Meet some apps and other techs to help you work (and live) better.
- Skagen Hybrid. A smart alternative to the ubiquitous Fitbit or Apple Watch, Skagen’s Signatur Connected hybrid smart watch tracks basic activities automatically and synchronises with your smartphone. skagen.com
- 7 Cups is an on-demand emotional health and wellbeing service. Anyone who wants to talk about whatever is on their mind can quickly reach out to a trained, compassionate listener through the 7 Cups global network. It has hundreds of listeners who come from all walks of life and have diverse experiences. 7cups.com or via the App Store
- Spire claims to be “the world’s only breath and activity tracker proven to decrease stress and increase productivity”. It measures your breathing patterns to determine your state of mind and help achieve calm. spire.io
- Pacifica says it is the “number one app to help deal with stress, anxiety and depression alongside a supportive community” and is based on cognitive behavioural therapy and mindfulness meditation. Thinkpacifica.com or via the App Store
- Muse is a brain-sensing headband that helps you get the most out of meditation practice. Put on the headset and complete breathing exercises to the sound of waves (neutral), storms (bad) and tweeting birds (good), each indicating how focused you are. choosemuse.com
- focus@will is a music service that claims to be able to pinpoint your personality type through two test question. From those, it will then offer you the appropriate music genre to improve your focus. Based on its survey of 22,000 active users, focus time increased four-fold, thus optimising productivity. focusatwill.com
- Life Analytics is a handy app that “visualises your daily life” and automatically analyses how you spend your time, based on location data. It uses graphs arranged by categories for home, work and leisure. Because most people’s actions are linked with locations like where they work, live and shop, this app analyses your daily life based on that location data. Available via the App Store
This article is from the latest ‘Well Working’ edition of the Odgers Berndtson magazine, OBSERVE.
Shadowing a top woman CEO gave Marthe de Proft an insight into leadership, and working at BlackRo...
Globally, millions of people identify as LGBTQ+, but ‘out’ C-suite executives are few and far bet...