In a volatile world, how are senior global wholesale banking leaders coping with the challenge? Our free downloadable report brings together their opinions, insights and vision for the future, together with the implications for talent and leadership.
How are political uncertainty, the rise of digitisation and automation, and the career aspirations of millennials changing wholesale banking? What exactly is changing and, just as importantly, what is not?
In our roles as executive search specialists, we asked 50 wholesale banking industry leaders based around the world to share their detailed insights and gauged their optimism for the future of their businesses. Our report entitled ‘Technology, talent and trust. The state of global wholesale banking’ gathers their responses.
This Odgers Berndtson report also offers our analysis of what it all means for finding, hiring and retaining the workforce of the future. For example, what does the wholesale banker of the future look like? Where will they come from? And what will keep them engaged in a long-term career in an industry built on trust and longevity?
Big changes, major questions
The report covers the up-to-minute changes and challenges faced by the wholesale banking industry and tackles important questions.
- Is the current global political and economic environment a good or bad thing for the wholesale banking industry?
- Whilst Brexit is currently making it difficult for UK banks to plan ahead, what effects are protectionist trade wars having more widely?
- How is a rapid technological change affecting client expectations and demands?
- How are established players responding to the rise of FinTech disruptors?
- Just how profound is the impact of the arrival of the millennial generation?
- How can wholesale banks keep high-potential millennials engaged and loyal?
- Can bank pivot from a focus on high-volume transactional work to higher-touch advisory services?
- Will the typical wholesale banker of the future no longer come from business school?
To download the Odgers Berndtson Report ‘Technology, talent and trust. The state of global wholesale banking’, click below.
Global Banking Executive Search
Odgers Berndtson’s Global Banking Practice works with Corporate and Investment Banks around the world. Our deep industry and sector knowledge means we understand our clients’ strategic imperatives and how these impact on the senior leadership talent they need to attract and retain.
We forge deep relationships with our clients to ensure we understand their specific business goals and cultural dynamics, maximising our ability to identify and engage the best industry or cross-industry talent. Strong relationships with other Odgers Berndtson Partners in the United Kingdom, Europe, Asia Pacific, North America, Middle East and South Africa delivers a seamless regional and global execution of searches, assessments and appointments. To find out more, please get in touch.
Several banks made headlines in 2018 for risk management and compliance failures. How does this a...
New Manager Barometer by Odgers Berndtson shows high approval ratings for the still young leaders...