About the programme
CEOx1Day, exclusive to Odgers Berndtson, one of the largest executive search firms in the world, is a program that matches university students with some of the country’s leading CEOs. The program is currently organised in 8 countries worldwide, with more to follow. The program has been running in Finland since 2015.
What’s in it for students
CEOx1Day gives students an opportunity to take in-class learning and apply it to real world situations, equipping them with valuable tools and skills to start building their careers.
Benefits to students:
- Participating in the recruitment process gives students valuable skills and experience for future job searches.
- Quarter-finalists will have an opportunity to network and make connections with leaders in the executive search field.
- Semi-finalists will participate in an activity which will test their strategic and teamwork skills.
- Semi-finalists will take a personality assessment and receive feedback on aspects of their leadership skills like relationship building, goal setting and strategic thinking which will help them in their career path.
- The finalists will spend a full day shadowing a CEO (including one-on-one time), learning about their background, career path, and leadership approach.
Why CEOs are getting involved
Leveraging the talents of Odgers Berndtson’s team of executive search experts, the CEOx1Day program will uncover some of Finland’s most promising future talent and give CEOs an opportunity to connect and better understand what drives the next generation of leaders.
About the Programme
- Odgers Berndtson will work closely with each participating organisation to coordinate an experience that is meaningful and memorable for both the CEO and the student.
- The CEO’s participation shows the organisation’s commitment to support youth by investing in their career development and creating opportunities for future leaders.
- CEOx1Day will be promoted through an extensive social media and email marketing campaign in universities all over Finland.
- If you are an organisation who is interested in having your CEO participate in the program, please contact Patrik Kvikant, Managing Partner at Odgers Berndtson Helsinki.
Have you got what it takes?
Think you have what it takes to be a great leader? Apply for this unique work experience opportunity.
CEOx1Day at Kemira
“The day gave me really good thoughts on where to focus and how to set goals in life. But in general, I think it is more important to focus on the moment and perform well for the sake of solving issues, not your personal rewards or promotions on the mind. It was great to hear Jari succeeded to proceed in his career having the same kind of thoughts.”
Elli Taimela, Aalto University School of Science / University of Helsinki, CEOx1Day 2016 finalist at Kemira, pictured with President & CEO Jari Rosendal