Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about the CEOx1Day programme.
1. Who is eligible to apply?
The program is open to graduate students and last year bachelor students from the institutions listed on the homepage. We are currently not accepting applications from other educational institutions.
You must have at least 150 recorded study points at the time of applying. Foreign exchange students in Denmark studying at the listed universities are also warmly welcomed to participate.
2. Will I be informed if I am not chosen to move forward in the selection process?
Yes, applicants are notified by email at every stage of the process whether or not they have been selected to move ahead.
3. How do I know that my online application was accepted?
The application form will confirm a successful application. If something goes wrong during the application process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
4. I have worked as an intern/summer student at one of the companies involved in CEOx1Day. Does this disqualify me from the program?
No, this does not disqualify you from the program as long as you meet the required criteria to submit an application.
5. How are winners selected?
There are specific criteria that students must meet to move through each phase of the program. The evaluation criteria for each phase can be viewed here.
6. I completed the Hogan Leadership Assessment Questionnaire in stage 2 of the selection process but I was not chosen to move ahead. Will I receive a copy of the Leadership Report?
Yes, students who completed the Hogan Leadership Assessment Questionnaire but were not selected as participants in the program will receive their report by email when the finalists have been chosen.
7. I have been selected as a finalist; can I indicate which CEO I would like to be matched with should I win?
Students will be asked in the interview stage which CEO they would prefer to be matched with, and while these preferences will be taken into consideration the final decision rests with Odgers Berndtson. As experts in executive search, our partners and consultants will determine the best match for each CEO based on the student’s leadership profile, the field of study and experience.
8. I have been selected as a finalist to participate in the business simulation but I am unable to attend in person. Can I still be considered?
Finalists are required to be present in Copenhagen all day for the business simulation without exception. If you have a conflict due to an exam or other school projects, Odgers Berndtson would be pleased to provide a letter to the university outlining your involvement in the program. If you are unable to attend, you will not be able to move forward in the selection process and we will offer your place to another applicant. Please inform us of any conflicting dates as early in the process as possible.
9. I have been selected as one of the winners of CEOx1Day but the date for my final event conflicts with my class schedule. Can the date be switched?
The date for each CEOx1Day event has been booked with the CEO’s organisation months in advance and therefore cannot be changed. If you have a conflict due to an exam or other school projects, Odgers Berndtson would be pleased to provide a letter to the university outlining your involvement in the program. If you are selected as a winner but are unable to attend the event on the day that has been scheduled with the CEO, we will offer your spot to another finalist.
Do you have a question that has not been answered here? Please e-mail email@example.com
Do you have what it takes to be a great leader?
Apply for this unique opportunity and explore your leadership potential.
Applications are open until November 6