Jamie Robertson, CEO of Odgers Berndtson South Africa, is interviewed during the Classic Business Slot with Michael Avery focussing on “how can SA remain globally competitive and attract top international talent.”
Key messages highlighted were:
- Communications technology should be easier and cheaper to use.
- Access to quality education is crucial.
- Think differently about how we treat highly skilled workers in terms of immigration laws.
- Executive remuneration remains an important factor.
- Less red-tape for people to start their own businesses in South Africa, including regulation, and more tax incentives.
- South Africa is in a hugely advantageous time zone. We are halfway between East and West, which facilitates trade in both directions. As an investment destination, we are also seen as a gateway to the rest of the continent.
In India, multi-national companies are finding huge market potential, an entrepreneurial spirit a...
Our poll of a hundred top UK business leaders, mostly chairs and chief executives of FTSE compani...
Barely 1% of UK top bosses support a “Hard Brexit” whilst 75% fear negative impact on their companies
A hundred top UK business leaders, mostly chairs and chief executives of FTSE companies have deli...