Jamie Robertson, CEO of Odgers Berndtson South Africa, is interviewed during the Classic Business Slot with Michael Avery focussing on “how can SA remain globally competitive and attract top international talent.”
Key messages highlighted were:
- Communications technology should be easier and cheaper to use.
- Access to quality education is crucial.
- Think differently about how we treat highly skilled workers in terms of immigration laws.
- Executive remuneration remains an important factor.
- Less red-tape for people to start their own businesses in South Africa, including regulation, and more tax incentives.
- South Africa is in a hugely advantageous time zone. We are halfway between East and West, which facilitates trade in both directions. As an investment destination, we are also seen as a gateway to the rest of the continent.
More people are living longer, with more need for expensive healthcare, dramatically driving up c...
One of the key differences between a non-executive director and an executive is how they are requ...