About the programme
Odgers Berndtson’s CEO for a Day allows university students to apply to spend a day shadowing a top CEO in Belgium.
What’s in it for students
CEOx1Day gives students an opportunity to take in-class learning and apply it to a real-world situation, and equips them with extra tools and skills to start building their careers.
Benefits to students:
- Participating in the selection process gives students valuable skills and experience for future job searches.
- 2 out of 3 applicants have the opportunity to complete an online leadership assessment and receive a personalised report from Hogan Assessments, a global leader in assessments; the report provides feedback on aspects of their leadership skills like relationship building, goal setting, and strategic thinking which helps them in choosing a career path.
- Semi-finalists have the opportunity to network and make connections with leaders in the executive search field: they spend half a day at the Odgers Berndtson office, participating in group exercises and one-on-one interviewing which strengthens their presentation and interviewing skills; they also have an opportunity to review their personalised leadership assessment report with an Odgers Berndtson partner.
- The five finalists spend a full day shadowing a CEO (including one-on-one time), learning about their background, career path, and leadership approach.
Why CEOs are getting involved
Leveraging the talents of Odgers Berndtson’s team of executive search experts, the CEO for a Day program uncovers some of Belgium’s most promising future talents and gives CEOs an opportunity to connect with the next generation of leaders and understand what drives them.
Benefits to participating companies:
- Odgers Berndtson works closely with each participating organisation to coordinate an experience that is both meaningful and memorable for the CEO and the student.
- The CEO’s participation shows the organisation’s commitment to supporting youth by investing in their career development and creating opportunities for future leaders.
- CEO for a Day is promoted through national media, social media and an email marketing campaign.
Alysée Spencer at Bozar
I am delighted to have had the chance to spend a whole busy and interesting day with Paul Dujardin, CEO of BOZAR. It was the perfect mix of leadership and culture. During the rigorous selection process, I have learned about my leadership style through the Hogan Personality assessment and I have met wonderful persons. It was an amazing experience that succeeded to challenge me and give me the importance of having long-term objectives in my professional career.