21 Aug 2019
10 ways to judge if your executive search firm could do better
Subscribe to our newsletter. Enter your details below.
How do you evaluate the performance of an executive search firm? These ten questions will help you decide whether they’re doing a good job, or if it’s time for a change of headhunter.
- Was there a successful appointment? The most obvious criterion of the lot. Did the search lead to the appointment of a candidate who met your requirements?
- How quickly was the role filled? Was the process fast and efficient?
- Did the search firm set realistic expectations from the outset? And were its consultants transparent and truthful throughout?
- Were you kept informed every step of the way? Was the consultant easy to get hold of? And were you satisfied with the updates you received on how the search was progressing?
- Were all the candidates on the shortlist of sufficient quality? How many would you have been happy to hire?
- Did you receive market insight? Or indeed insight on issues like governance, if relevant.
- Did the firm audit the process? Were you asked for feedback? Firms that don’t request feedback are arguably not that interested in improving their own performance.
- Were all the candidates happy? Was the process a positive experience, even for the unsuccessful candidates? Did the firm audit their experience?
- Do you feel the search firm was a good ambassador for your organisation? Were they always mindful of your reputation and employer brand?
- Did the firm live up to its claims of expertise? Did the consultant know as much about your specific sector or functional role as initially stated?
Find out more about how Odgers Berndtson executive search can help your company.
Odgers Berndtson provides executive search and leadership services from over 60 offices in 29 countries.
Current Climate of Hiring in the Technology Industry - UK & Germany
In part two of this global insight into the hiring trends in the technology landscape, our UK and...Read
Current Climate of Hiring in the Technology Industry - APAC
Part three of our global focus on trends in the global technology hiring landscape delves into th...Read
Current Climate of Hiring in the Technology Industry - U.S & Canada
The technology sector is seeing rapid change across its hiring practices. In part one of our thre...Read